1963
1963:
Just one move this year, to Murphy. The ninety dollar house payment in Garland was hard to pay, so we moved to a rent house. There was a neighbor, Wilma. She had kids and I had kids, and we were a lot of support for each other. While we lived in Murphy (about 15 months) we bought a ’51 DeSoto, and then a ’63 Rambler. Times were happy-sad. Money was scarce, but the family was healthy and we all loved each other. Richard started to school this year. It was rough to put that little fellow on the bus a t 7:30 and not see him again until 5:00. I learned to watch for big yellow school buses this year. We had one of the first dogs here—we got her at the Garland house and moved her (Kokomo) with us. She died under mysterious circumstances probably associated with one of our raunchy neighbors. I don’t even remember Christmas that year. I suppose we went to Shady Grove or Waco. I suppose we bought and made what we could afford, but I really don’t remember. This was the year President Kennedy was assassinated. Russell was on the way. The pregnancy was long and difficult. Life was a day at a time. Dad still worked at Collins Radio. Rent was $50 per month.
Just one move this year, to Murphy. The ninety dollar house payment in Garland was hard to pay, so we moved to a rent house. There was a neighbor, Wilma. She had kids and I had kids, and we were a lot of support for each other. While we lived in Murphy (about 15 months) we bought a ’51 DeSoto, and then a ’63 Rambler. Times were happy-sad. Money was scarce, but the family was healthy and we all loved each other. Richard started to school this year. It was rough to put that little fellow on the bus a t 7:30 and not see him again until 5:00. I learned to watch for big yellow school buses this year. We had one of the first dogs here—we got her at the Garland house and moved her (Kokomo) with us. She died under mysterious circumstances probably associated with one of our raunchy neighbors. I don’t even remember Christmas that year. I suppose we went to Shady Grove or Waco. I suppose we bought and made what we could afford, but I really don’t remember. This was the year President Kennedy was assassinated. Russell was on the way. The pregnancy was long and difficult. Life was a day at a time. Dad still worked at Collins Radio. Rent was $50 per month.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home