Another Wedding Picture from 1956

This is another picture from our wedding on August 18, 1956. The preacher there was Elwyn Snow, whom most of you know as Grandpa. The maid of honor was JoAnn Jay, an Abilene Christian High School classmate and friend whom I still occasionally see. She is an attorney in Austin. The best man was Carl Cole, an ACC student and Poppy's friend. We have not seen him since that day.
Looks as if we have had plenty to eat in the fifty years since.

5 Comments:
I have always really liked this particular photo. If you look beyond my hair (which was quite the duck-tail style back then before those Air Force barbers got hold of it)you can almost see my dad ginning. He was probably glad to see me go.
I did not edit my comment (above): my dad was actually grinning instead of ginning. He did pick some cotten when we had the farm, but he never actually ginned any.
I answered this in an email before I realized that it was posted here . . . we left Abilene the day we were married, and rarely returned. Carl went another direction, and we just never heard from him. Communication was expensive by telephone then, and troublesome by letter. I don't know how close the friendship was, for that matter.
It is sad, Sam, that you haven't seen Brooke, especially if you are trying to make contact.
beautiful bride.....beautiful dress.....and lovely slim ankles.
Thank you, Jean.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home