Tuesday, September 06, 2005

1964

1964:
In the spring we found a nice house in Wylie, and by this time we had made a lot of friends there, so we moved to Wylie.  Russell was finally born, and I was very sick for a while.  Mary came to stay, and scared Amy.  Amy learned about Irene and Newton about this time.  We had extra kids about this time, too.  Carey Lee stayed, and Curt and Rusty stayed a lot.  We kept the ’63 Rambler and bought a matching ’62 Rambler Ambassador Wagon.  This was the first time I had a car to drive.  It was on Randy’s fourth birthday that the swing set jumped and cut his leg open.  We met Dr. Trimble that day.  Christmas that year was like the others around that time.  Hazy.  Dad began preaching at Culleoka.  Rent was $75, and the house one of the nicest we ever lived in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jami said...

How did you get sick, and how did Mary scare Amy? How did Russell eat while you were sick?

Tue Sep 06, 06:18:00 PM 2005  
Blogger David R. Snow said...

I acquired a staph infection while in the hospital, as did Russell. His came out in small white bumps, mine in mastitis. He quickly changed to being a bottle baby, which lasted until he was five months old. At that time he had a cold and trouble sucking, so we changed him to a cup. He weighed about 25 pounds, so it didn't hurt him any. The big problem was weaning Amy. She loved her bottle, and did not want to give it up. In fact, sometime before Russell was born I decided to wean her, and she literally tore her crib apart.

Mary scared Amy in an unintentional way. Mary was cooking supper, and Amy was probably whining. She whined a great deal of the time. So Mary probably waved the spatula, and Amy probably thought she was coming after her. They had not been around each other much--it would not have been like K. being with Jessica. It made a tremendous impact on Amy, and Mary felt bad about it.

Thu Sep 08, 12:17:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Russell Snow said...

I didn't know that I was sick too.

Thu Sep 08, 09:11:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home