Tuesday, September 06, 2005

1966

1966:
Richard and Randy and Nancy went to Central School across the street.  Dad was elected PTA President.  The one bad time here was when Amy got sick.  I think now she was adjusting to not having Newton and Irene, except that this was during the summer.  She got pale and weak.  She was five years old, nearly, and wore a size three dress (what Jamie wears now).

Note: When this was originally written, Jamie (now Jami) did wear a size three. I won’t elaborate on what she wears now, at age 29.

She had to go to Wichita to the hospital because Dr. Brummett thought she had leukemia.  For two weeks, a lot of tests, and several hundred dollars, we found out she had iron-deficiency anemia and needed Geritol.  She got well, too, and started to Kindergarten in the fall.  Along about October we moved to the other house in Neodesha.  All the kids changed to the Northside School, the one where homemade rolls were part of every lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger David R. Snow said...

Dave once told me I had a nineteen-cent mind (he denies this, of course) meaning that if I bought, as was the case that produced the comment, a curtain rod, and it cost nineteen cents, I would remember that.

Actually, I don't remember all that stuff. I had once written a list of addressess we had and wrote the rent for each one. It was part of the original story I had begun writing.

I am pleased that you find it interesting enough to read, or is it that you have just been retired so long that you are running out of reading material?

Thu Sep 08, 08:31:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home