1968
1968:
By Spring we had found a small house in Wylie on Cotton Belt. I was excited about it because it was affordable, and in town (I was isolated in the country) and must have oversold it, because Nancy, especially, still remembers seeing it for the first time and being extremely disappointed. It served us fairly well, though. We lived in it twice—this time and after we came back from Fowler Home. Fowler was quite an experience for all of us, and was in this year. We spent Christmas at Fowler. Dad went to radio school while we were at Fowler. We had the first experience of hearing him on the radio there.
By Spring we had found a small house in Wylie on Cotton Belt. I was excited about it because it was affordable, and in town (I was isolated in the country) and must have oversold it, because Nancy, especially, still remembers seeing it for the first time and being extremely disappointed. It served us fairly well, though. We lived in it twice—this time and after we came back from Fowler Home. Fowler was quite an experience for all of us, and was in this year. We spent Christmas at Fowler. Dad went to radio school while we were at Fowler. We had the first experience of hearing him on the radio there.

2 Comments:
Now you know you move around a lot when you rent the same house twice!
Actually, we bought the house on a contract, and I think it just was empty while we were gone. We didn't stay long at the children's home. That was one of those things that I had always thought I wanted to do, but reality is often different than imagination.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home