Tuesday, September 13, 2005

1969

1969:
He got a job at KTER early in the year, just after we moved back to Wylie.  I got a job at the First Methodist Church, keeping the day nursery.  All told, I really enjoyed that.  By the end of the school year we had bought a mobile home.  By Christmas we were in Caddo Mills, living in the mobile home on the church lot.  We had a brown and white ’68 Chevy we had traded a neighbor for a red Ford pickup.  The red Ford pickup was the one Russell fell out of and gashed his head open.  Russell was forever having messy, scary accidents.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I spent hours typing those memoirs up for you and you are only on the year 1969? Do you need me to type some more for you.

Thu Oct 27, 11:19:00 PM 2005  
Blogger David Broadus said...

I looked at your Blog for the first time in months--I think you had one or two posts the last time I looked.

It is a great family history, and your descendents will be happy you kept records and now have posted them.

It is quite a story, and you are only to 1969.

I remember visiting you in Rantoul, ILL, and riding on the milk truck with your neighbor. Othe things during the second visit are best left untold.

Tue Nov 22, 11:48:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home